This section contains spoilers which could ruin the game for you if you have not played it before, or have not yet reached the end.
This may contain spoilers from the other Myst games.
An Easter Egg is a hidden feature that creators put in their products for people to find. It can range from images to sounds or movie clips which are hidden to some degree. Other Easter Eggs are easy to find and can be seen during the course of a game, others are harder to locate and may require specific requirements to find them out.
This egg is located in Gahreesen, and is pretty difficult to see in game (it was discovered upon extracting game files). At the Link in point for the Age, metal strips can be found running along the stone work which has D’ni script upon it (there is two versions of this egg, see the Wisconsin egg below)
On the first strip the following text can be found
“Ash nazg durbatuluk ash nazg gimbatul ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul”
Which is a famous poem found in the Lord of the Rings books, in english the line reads;
“One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.”
This egg can be found in Ae’Gura (D’ni) on top of the Tokotah II rooftop, on the cover of the DRC journal for King Demath.
The sticker found upon the book is actually an image called “Red Tigris” by Bill Stoneham. Bill is a friend of Victoria Brace one of the artists at Cyan so it is most likely it was put there by her. The image was created to accompany an anti-war poem of the same name.
This egg is located in Gahreesen, and is pretty difficult to see in game (it was discovered upon extracting game files). At the Link in point for the Age, metal strips can be found running along the stone work which has D’ni script upon it (there is two versions of this egg, see the One Ring egg above)
On the first strip the following text can be found
I love to scratch my head. when I was thre I used to live in wisconsin and I am looking forward to ki.
This egg has two rewards to it, but has many steps to take in order to access it. It should also be noted that this egg needs Uru: To D’ni, to work.
Bevin District – Prayer Chamber (Egg Room)
First thing you need to do is link to Bevin (Blue book on your Relto shelf with the gold Celtic design on the spine). Once there head to the light controls and press them in this order:
- Blue = B
- Green = G
- Orange = O
Press them in the order that spells GOOGGO.
There is a door next to the Classroom that is usually locked, you will now find it open go inside and enter the Prayer Chambers (Egg Rooms)
Prayer Chamber Notes
In each of the alcoves there is an encrypted sheet of paper. They are alphabet shift codes – in other words, in a 1 letter shift, A is Z, B is A, C is B, etc.
This is what the pages say and in the order you carry out the instructions:
- “Wear the reward of Yeesha. Keep it on until you’re done.” Go to Relto and open the closet – put on Yeesha’s shirt that you received at the end of the original game. (Has a hand on it. see below)
- “Go to the Gahreesen power root. The power must be on Stand on the place that raises The stone.” Link to Gahreesen (second book from the left on the bookshelf) and make sure you link to the first room. (Since you’ve completed the game, you should know what I mean.) Make your way to the second floor and to the big gear room. Stand on the pressure plate that raises the..stone primer thing. While on it.. link back to Relto.
- “Enter the Teledahn prison. Clear off Gehn’s favorite Plate completely. Stand on it.”Link to Teledahn (third book) and make your way to the prison through the pipe side (the other may be closed off). The FIFTH plate (5 – Riven, get it?) is the middle one – the one closest to the entrance. Clear anything that might be on top of it, stand on it, and link back to Relto.
- “Find the pillar room in Kadish Tolesa. Stand near the previous elevator. Turn off the glowing floor above.” Now to the fourth book (see a pattern?) – I’d recommend using the hand link this time – the other way is probably blocked. Make your way back down – down the ladders – to the pillar room. Keep backtracking until you get to the elevator that is going up and down constantly – press the blue button here to stop it. Link back to Relto.
- “Return to the last goal of Eder Gira. Once the light has been lit. Turn off the light. “Fifth book – red one – use the hand link again. If you aren’t already in the room with the 7th hand, climb back up there. Turn off the steam light generator (So dark). Link back to Relto.
- “Link to Eder Kemo. Get your light source. Enter the door of the journey.” Sixth book – green – get those light bugs from the trees and make your way (remember not to run) to the Journey door (This is one of the four doors that led you to the pillars – has the hand symbol on it). Walk into it – the bugs will fly away – as long as they were there until now, don’t worry.
- “Go to the desert in the rain. Look at the left symbol of the Original code. Set all four of the imager to it.” For a change of pace, pick the first book and link to the rainy desert. As the message says, look at the combination on the wall next to the door and put the left most symbol into every slot on the imager machine (No need to press the button.).
- “Once you’ve completed all Of the steps, Look into the riven remnant. Egg maze is set Once you leave the desert, Egg maze will reset.”
Climb out of the cleft and make your way to the broken telescope from Riven. Look into the viewfinder – if you did the egg properly, you should hear “Another one?” and see the Cyan staff.
Now, from the wreckage to the left of the telescope (facing away from the volcano), climb on top and try to jump over the fence. Keep trying and eventually you’ll find the right spot and make it over. Follow the fence to the left and turn ONE corner. After you reach the next corner, you should see something out in the distance slightly to the right. Walk towards it. (It’s a long walk.) When you finally get there, you’ll see Zandi riding on top of his Zamboni – get close enough and the game will give you control of the Zamboni and you can ride around all you want. Crash or ride off the map – link back to Relto – and the egg resets.